Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Use SharePoint List Data Source and Destination

There are many scenarios when we need to pull data from SharePoint List.
I have done this many times but by Querying SharePoint Database.
Curtsy to following blogs –


Now we have something called SharePoint List Source and Destination available. This makes my job quit easy. Following is reference for the same -


Good thing is same kind of source are available at Reporting level as well so you can create reports on SharePoint List Data .. Following is reference for same

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am using the SP source to pull a SP list into a SQL database. The problem I am having is that some of the columns have formatted text in them. All I want is the values stored in my varchar(max) SQL columns but I'm getting the xml tags as well. Most of the values do not have tags but some do. When i look at the List data on the SP webinterface, I do see some formatting for these values. Any way to easily remove these tags or ignore formatting?

    Here are some examples of values coming thru (I had to replace the >< signs with " because your html editor didnt like it:
    "div"Vmware Virtual Machine"/div" "div" "/div"

    "div""font color="black""Vmware Virtual Machine"/font""/div"

    "div"Vmware Virtual Machine"/div"


    ReplyDelete